From: "sting sting" <qwejohn@hotmail.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: from where are the devlabel  messages in /var/log/message
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:35:13 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,
I know about the devlabel messages in /var/log/messages ; from where do they
stem ?
; I read about it in the author website (http://www.lerhaupt.com/linux.html)
but there was very little info , amd also the devlabel tar.gz does not
contain much.

I understood that it has to do with symbolic links.

It is installed on my Linux platform (as part of the Linux installation );
Now , I wat to know what is the origin of the devlabel messages in the
log file ?
These  messages consist the following text :  "devlabel: devlabel service
started/restarted"
I had searched under the 2.4.20-8 sources for "devlabel" and could not fnd
anything.

what is the  kermel origin of these devlabel  messages ?
regards,
john