* A question about reading newly erased page with NAND_ECC_SOFT.
@ 2006-08-25 22:11 Han Chang
From: Han Chang @ 2006-08-25 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hi All,

For a newly erased page, the content of both user data and oob are 0xff. If
NAND_ECC_SOFT is enabled, the ecc code in the oob, which is 0xff, is not
right ecc code. Then if the file system tries to read a newly erased page,
it will be problem. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks,
Han

* Re: A question about reading newly erased page with NAND_ECC_SOFT.
@ 2006-08-30 22:29 ` Thomas Gleixner
From: Thomas Gleixner @ 2006-08-30 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Han Chang; +Cc: linux-mtd

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 15:11 -0700, Han Chang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For a newly erased page, the content of both user data and oob are 0xff. If
> NAND_ECC_SOFT is enabled, the ecc code in the oob, which is 0xff, is not
> right ecc code. Then if the file system tries to read a newly erased page,
> it will be problem. Does anyone know how to get around this?

It is correct. The software based ECC value of all 0xFF is 0xFF

	tglx

* nand_bbt.c
@ 2006-09-07 22:40   ` Han Chang
From: Han Chang @ 2006-09-07 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tglx; +Cc: linux-mtd

Hi Thomas,

I'm looking the nand bbt and noticed the file is written by you. I'm just
curious in order to enable flash based bbt, what needs to be done at driver
level. I enabled flag "NAND_USE_FLASH_BBT". Things are not quite working.
Anything I'm missing here? Is there any doc other than the comments in the
code that I can looked at?

Many thanks!

Han