From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@hotmail.com>
To: Anthony PERARD <anthony.perard@citrix.com>
Cc: "xen-devel@lists.xen.org" <xen-devel@lists.xen.org>
Subject: Re: Ongoing issue with libvirt-xen driver for Openstack Nova
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 12:08:56 -0400	[thread overview]

> Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:12:49 +0100
> From: anthony.perard@citrix.com
> To: bderzhavets@hotmail.com
> CC: xen-devel@lists.xen.org
> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Ongoing issue with libvirt-xen driver for Openstack Nova

> > > No it was in the middle . I am attaching xen-hotplug.log.gz
> >
> > Thanks, I think this shows that as expected our hotplug scripts have not
> > been responsible for bringing vif1.0 up before renaming, so something
> > else must be doing it.
> >
> > If not some openstack component perhaps something like network-manager?
> > Or some other udev rules perhaps?
>
> It is likely to be something done in Neutron. You can always try to read
> the logs of the different services (q-svc q-agt q-dhcp q-l3 q-meta) to
> check what is happening to the network interface (vif1.0). There also could
> be something wrong with Nova that will not set network properly in this
> case. Or some other compatibility issue...
>
> In anycase, the combo openstack-libvirt-xen works better with the default
> set of services runned by devstack (as long as they don't switch yet to
> Neutron).

 My core stuff  is supposed to be RDO Kilo (RH) on Fedoras, like now it is RDO Juno.
 RH deprecated nova-networking a while ago , I guess  in Havana release.
 Devstack&&stack.sh on Ubuntu 14.04  is just a test-bed for the most recent nova.

Thank you  very much for your support and getting in touch with explanation.
I couldn't imagine , that slide show http://www.slideshare.net/xen_com_mgr/openstack-xenfinal
is for nova networking

Boris