* Question: Git and ActiveTcl
@ 2021-12-10 18:54 Robert Weyrauch
From: Robert Weyrauch @ 2021-12-10 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello,

In June 2021 ActiveState, a provider of curated Tcl/Tk, Perl and Python distributions, changed their licensing for their community editions to require payment. I would like to ensure I am complying with these changes.

I am reaching out to see if the Tcl libraries used by Git are those provided by ActiveState (ActiveTcl), or if you use the vanilla tcl/tk.

Thank you so much for your help.

Rob

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged.
If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.
FAFLD

* Re: Question: Git and ActiveTcl
@ 2021-12-11 14:03 ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2021-12-11 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Weyrauch; +Cc: git

Hi Robert,

On Fri, 10 Dec 2021, Robert Weyrauch wrote:

> In June 2021 ActiveState, a provider of curated Tcl/Tk, Perl and Python
> distributions, changed their licensing for their community editions to
> require payment. I would like to ensure I am complying with these
> changes.
>
> I am reaching out to see if the Tcl libraries used by Git are those
> provided by ActiveState (ActiveTcl), or if you use the vanilla tcl/tk.

Since you talk about ActiveState, I assume you are using Git on Windows?
If so, you might be talking about Git for Windows' versions of Tcl/Tk?

If that is the case, the libraries in question are built by the MSYS2
project, and not by ActiveState.

Ciao,
Johannes

* Question: Git and ActiveTcl
@ 2021-12-11 17:17   ` Robert Weyrauch
From: Robert Weyrauch @ 2021-12-11 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: git

Perfect...  Yes and thank you so much for your help!

Rob