From: "N, Pandith" <pandith.n@intel.com>
To: Rodolfo Giometti <giometti@enneenne.com>
Cc: "linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	"Sangannavar,
	Mallikarjunappa"  <mallikarjunappa.sangannavar@intel.com>,
	"D, Lakshmi Sowjanya" <lakshmi.sowjanya.d@intel.com>,
	"T R, Thejesh Reddy" <thejesh.reddy.t.r@intel.com>,
	"Hall, Christopher S" <christopher.s.hall@intel.com>
Subject: RE: PPS functionality for Intel Timed I/O
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 10:16:49 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Rodolfo,

We are planning to add a new PPS generator driver in drivers/pps/generators
i) Can this driver use pps_register_source to register Intel Timed I/O device for pulse generation ?

ii) To start/stop pulse, we are planning to add additional sysfs attribute from our main driver.
Something like : /sys/class/ppsX/enable_pin
This is needed for users to start/stop pulse generation.

> However pay attention to the fact that a PPS generator should be referred to
> system's main clock and not to peripherals' clock.

We can sync with the system time for pulse generation.
> Ciao,
>
> Rodolfo
>
> --
> GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti@enneenne.com
> Linux Device Driver                          giometti@linux.it
> Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
> UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti

Regards,
Pandith