On 17 May 2016, at 17:56, Eric Blake wrote: > That's why I wonder if we need to document a minimum cutoff at which > clients should assume will always be serviced, and which servers should > not treat as an attack, and whether it should be larger than 32. I don't think we need a specific number, but I think a one sentence statement that servers are in general permitted to disconnect clients which are behaving in a denial of service attack type manner would be useful. Given nbdkit only ever has one export, it seems eminently reasonable for it to use a lower number. -- Alex Bligh