Dear list, A while back we did an upgrade of the firmware running on our embedded devices. These devices, amongst others, use an ASIX chip, model 88772A. What we noticed, was that ethtool settings would be negated when the interface was set to 'up'. This, effectively voided any control we tried to exercise over the autonegotiation process (it always returns back to 100 Mbps/Full duplex). After comparing with the kernel we used before (we used 2.6.22 before, now 3.10.34), I discovered that the difference was the .link_reset function pointer defined in the driver_info struct in drivers/net/usb/asix_devices.c:888. By setting it back to its previous value, ax88772_link_reset, the functionality is restored and ethtool behaves as expected. Apparently this change to drivers/net/usb/asix_devices.c happened at line 888 as part of commit 2e55cc721, which moved the driver into its own file with that commit. It apparently also addresses some link reset problems. Would anyone have any idea what kind of link reset problems these were? I have attached a git format-patch which works for us, but I would like to make sure it does not break other devices instead. I've attached it to this email because the mail client seems to corrupt the patches occasionally. Best regards, Michel Stam