Thanks for the idea of using BBPATH. my change is kind of custom and I don't think someone else will make use of it. Cheers On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 4:42 PM Quentin Schulz < quentin.schulz@streamunlimited.com> wrote: > Hi Ayoub, > > On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 04:36:13PM +0200, Ayoub Zaki via > lists.yoctoproject.org wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I would like to make changes on systemd.bblcass in my layer. > > > > I can create new one e.g my-systemd.bbclass to overwrite the default one > > but this will not work since I want that ALL recipes in all layers I'm > > using to make usage of it. > > > > are there ways to achieve this? > > > > BBPATH[1] is what's used to locate bbclasses. It's defined in your > conf/layer.conf. > > You can either make sure your layer is parsed before the one having the > original systemd.bbclass (in BBLAYERS of conf/bblayers.conf) or prepend > to BBPATH instead of appending. > > Although... It's usually bad practice because it means that if I were to > use > two layers doing the same thing (overriding the same bbclass), the behavior > is kind of undefined depending on which order they are parsed. > > Ideally, you should contribute back the modifications to upstream > systemd.bbclass, that way, no need to duplicate it and override it from > somewhere else. > > [1] > https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-BBPATH > > Cheers, > Quentin >