* ceph v10.2.10 QE validation status
@ 2017-09-21 21:11 Yuri Weinstein
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-09-21 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney, Dachary, Loic, Dachary,
	Loic, Weil, Sage, Dillaman, Jason, Nathan Cutler, Ilya Dryomov,
	John Spray, Durgin, Josh, Patrick Donnelly

Detailed summary of the QE Validation can be found here
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20613#note-65

rados (subset 227 jobs)
rbd
rgw
fs
krbd
kcephfs
knfs
rest
hadoop
samba
ceph-deploy
ceph-disk
upgrade/client-upgrade
upgrade/hammer-x (jewel)
upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x
powercycle
ceph-ansible
(please let me know if any suites are missing from this ^ list)

==============================
Issues requiring approval/decision:

rados - needs Josh review/approval
fs - needs Patrick review/approval
krbd - approved by Ilya
hadoop - EXCLUDED FROM THIS RELEASE
samba - EXCLUDED FROM THIS RELEASE
upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x Nathan is fixing one issue
ceph-ansible -
needs Sebastian, Vasu, Andrew review/approval

I am not clear on our validation approach for ceph-ansible suite and
added a ticket to address it
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/issues/1938

Nathan, over after we do minor clean up it feels we will be ready to
publish v10.2.10.

Thx
YuriW

* Re: ceph v10.2.10 QE validation status
@ 2017-09-21 21:17 ` Patrick Donnelly
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Patrick Donnelly @ 2017-09-21 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein
  Cc: Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney, Dachary, Loic, Dachary,

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com> wrote:
> fs - needs Patrick review/approval

Fire away!

--
Patrick Donnelly

* Re: ceph v10.2.10 QE validation status
@ 2017-09-22 12:15 ` Nathan Cutler
       [not found] ` <CAKPXa=YBHQO4-6kG8-QE2irNruJKfcDJB3BNTw8yX66ZTfcFCA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Nathan Cutler @ 2017-09-22 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein, Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney, Dachary,
	Loic, Dachary, Loic, Weil, Sage, Dillaman, Jason, Ilya Dryomov,
	John Spray, Durgin, Josh, Patrick Donnelly

> upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x Nathan is fixing one issue

Fixed in master and jewel by:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17910
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/17892

(could be merged in that order)

Thanks,
Nathan

@ 2017-09-22 20:24   ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-09-22 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vasu Kulkarni
  Cc: Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney, Dachary, Loic, Dachary,

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Vasu Kulkarni <vakulkar@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Detailed summary of the QE Validation can be found here
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20613#note-65
>>
>> rados (subset 227 jobs)
>> rbd
>> rgw
>> fs
>> krbd
>> kcephfs
>> knfs
>> rest
>> hadoop
>> samba
>> ceph-deploy
>> ceph-disk
>> upgrade/client-upgrade
>> upgrade/hammer-x (jewel)
>> upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x
>> powercycle
>> ceph-ansible
>> (please let me know if any suites are missing from this ^ list)
>>

>> ==============================
>> Issues requiring approval/decision:
>>
>> rados - needs Josh review/approval
>> fs - needs Patrick review/approval
>> krbd - approved by Ilya
>> hadoop - EXCLUDED FROM THIS RELEASE
>> samba - EXCLUDED FROM THIS RELEASE
>> upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x Nathan is fixing one issue
>> ceph-ansible -
>> needs Sebastian, Vasu, Andrew review/approval
>
> Ceph-ansible is green and thats what i told in irc as well
> http://pulpito.ceph.com/vasu-2017-09-20_19:51:59-ceph-ansible-jewel-distro-basic-vps/
> (it uses stable-2.1 branch of ceph-ansible)
> The failing tests during purge-cluster at the end can be ignored for now.

I suspect the backporting team does not know about ceph-ansible PRs to
be backported because they  look for issues in the tracker and
ceph-ansible is not there.

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/issues/1938
Abhishek, Nathan, Vasu, Sebastian ?

@ 2017-09-26 23:32     ` Josh Durgin
From: Josh Durgin @ 2017-09-26 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein, Vasu Kulkarni
  Cc: Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney, Dachary, Loic, Dachary,
	Loic, Weil, Sage, Dillaman, Jason, Nathan Cutler, Ilya Dryomov,
	John Spray, Patrick Donnelly

On 09/22/2017 01:24 PM, Yuri Weinstein wrote:
>>> rados - needs Josh review/approval

Looks good - sorry for the delay. Just hitting btrfs issues and
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/15454, which is minor and not new.

Josh

* Re: ceph v10.2.10 QE validation status
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <CAKPXa=YBHQO4-6kG8-QE2irNruJKfcDJB3BNTw8yX66ZTfcFCA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-09-27 12:36 ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-09-27 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney, Dachary, Loic, Dachary,
	Loic, Weil, Sage, Dillaman, Jason, Nathan Cutler, Ilya Dryomov,
	John Spray, Durgin, Josh, Patrick Donnelly, Deza, Alfredo

This release is ready for publishing!

Nathan, Alfredo FYI

Thx
YuriW