From: George Nychis <gnychis@gmail.com>
To: Holger Schurig <holgerschurig@googlemail.com>
Cc: linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: AR9280 reported signal strengths are flat (comparison with bcm4322 included)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 23:36:01 -0400	[thread overview]

Well, I believe that I forced ANI to be disabled and I still see this
same behavior.

To disable ANI on my AR9280, I added this to __ath9k_hw_init() in hw.c
  if (AR_SREV_9280(ah))
    ah->config.enable_ani = false;

I believe this works because in ath9k_hw_post_init() I have checked
that ah->config.enable_ani is set to false.  Therefore,
ath9k_hw_ani_setup() and ath9k_hw_ani_init() are never called.

Unfortunately, I still see this same flat line trend without strong
signal strengths near the device.