From: Kaartic Sivaraam <kaartic.sivaraam@gmail.com>
To: Atharva Raykar <raykar.ath@gmail.com>
Cc: git <git@vger.kernel.org>,
	Christian Couder <christian.couder@gmail.com>,
	Shourya Shukla <shouryashukla.oo@gmail.com>,
	Shourya Shukla <periperidip@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [GSoC][Draft Proposal v2] Finish converting git submodule to builtin
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 00:10:07 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi,

When quoting, only retain the most relevant portions of the e-mail. That
would help the readers of the e-mail a lot :)

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 9:30 PM Atharva Raykar <raykar.ath@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all. I wanted to keep you informed, there have been some changes
> in my personal schedule.
>
> > 7 Timeline (using the format dd/mm)
> > ===================================
> >
> >  Periods of limited availability (read: hectic chaos):
> >  - From 13/04 to 20/04 I will be having project evaluations and lab
> >    assessments for five of my courses.
> >  - From 20/04 to 01/05 I have my in-semester exams.
> >  - For a period of two weeks in the range of 08/05 to 29/05 I will be
> >    having my end-semester exams.
> >  My commitment: I will still have time during my finals to help people
> >  out on the mailing list, get acquainted with the community and its
> >  processes, and even review patches if I can. This is because we get
> >  holidays between each exam, and my grades are good enough to that I
> >  can prioritise Git over my studies ;-)
>
> Because of how hard COVID's second wave has hit my place, my exams
> (which happen offline) had been indefinitely postponed. My university
> has since given me the new dates for the finals -- either I give it on
> June 2, or give it on an unannounced date in July. Either way it will
> be happening during the GSoC coding period.
>
> I just want to reiterate that I will be less available in the two weeks
> during which the exams take place. I intend to work half-time on the
> project only for those two weeks, and I don't mind working a little
> extra on the other days to make up for it.
>
> I will send another update for which slot I will be choosing *if* I get
> selected for GSoC. Since the dates are shifting around a lot, according
> to the situation, I will send updates on those as well.

Thanks for letting us know.

On a general note, this year's GSoC is unlike previous years. There's
flexibility in the program that should help in situations like these. Some
information about it could be found here:

https://opensource.googleblog.com/2020/10/google-summer-of-code-2021-is-bringing.html

--
Sivaraam