* 80 MHz channel - Station data
@ 2016-02-04  4:01 Ann Lo
From: Ann Lo @ 2016-02-04  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath10k

Hi,

When we set up 80MHz channel between AP and client station, we use the
iw station dump command to get the "rx bitrate" of the client station.
We have noticed that not only the MCS changes, the NSS also changes.
Is it normal to have dynamic values of NSS when we do iperf using 80
MHz channel?

Some data on "rx bitrate" of the same client station is as follows:

rx bitrate:     58.5 MBit/s VHT-MCS 1 80 MHz VHT-NSS 1
rx bitrate:     702.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 5 80MHz VHT-NSS 3

We use kernel 3.14.28 and WLE900VX.

Thanks,
Ann

* Re: 80 MHz channel - Station data
@ 2016-02-04  7:39 ` Michal Kazior
From: Michal Kazior @ 2016-02-04  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ann Lo; +Cc: ath10k

On 4 February 2016 at 05:01, Ann Lo <annlo.tech@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we set up 80MHz channel between AP and client station, we use the
> iw station dump command to get the "rx bitrate" of the client station.
> We have noticed that not only the MCS changes, the NSS also changes.
> Is it normal to have dynamic values of NSS when we do iperf using 80
> MHz channel?
>
> Some data on "rx bitrate" of the same client station is as follows:
>
> rx bitrate:     58.5 MBit/s VHT-MCS 1 80 MHz VHT-NSS 1
> rx bitrate:     702.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 5 80MHz VHT-NSS 3
>
> We use kernel 3.14.28 and WLE900VX.

Yes, this is normal. "rx bitrates" reports rate seen in most recent
Rx-ed frame. Each frame can be transmitted at a different rate by
stations.

Michał

* Re: 80 MHz channel - Station data
@ 2016-02-04  9:05   ` Ann Lo