From: Rumen Telbizov <rumen.telbizov@menlosecurity.com>
To: David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com>
Cc: bpf@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: bpf_fib_lookup support for firewall mark
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 14:56:58 -0700	[thread overview]

List,

For what it's worth I patched the structure locally by introducing a
new __u32 mark field
to the structure and adding the proper assignment of the field in
filter.c. Recompiled without any issues.
With that patch a bpf lookup matches ip rule that contains fwmark.

Still interested to know how much of a performance penalty adding an 4
bytes to the
structure brings. I'd certainly vote for adding at least the firewall
mark to the set of fields used in the lookup.

Cheers