From: Bob Foerster <robert@erafx.com>
To: openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: Unwanted dependency on X from ppp
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:59:21 -0400	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Mats Kärrman <Mats.Karrman@tritech.se>wrote:

> Thank you Bob!
>
> You're my hero, honestly!

No problem, happy to help!

> The "clean build" time concerns me though. I will need bluez components,
> but not gstreamer so I guess I'll set out to find a neat way to override
> the default bluez recipe and get rid of that dependency.

I would normally override this in my layer using amend.inc. You can probably
do it with bbappend too, but I'm not too familiar with that.

The basic idea to remove that dependency would be to override/modify
bluez4.inc (or any other offending files):
 - remove gst-plugins-base from DEPENDS so gstreamer and all dependencies
don't get built
 - fix configuring/compiling of the package after removing the dependency
(like modify EXTRA_OECONF to get rid of the enable gstreamer switch)

That may not be all that needs done, but that should at least get you on the
right track.

Enjoy!
Bob

// Mats