From: Erik Cervin Edin <erik@cervined.in>
To: Lemuria <nekadek457@gmail.com>
Cc: Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com>, git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Rebasing commits that have been pushed to remote
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 09:44:18 +0100	[thread overview]

> Alright. I'll take this into account. Unfortunately, before you got to
> me, I reworded the commits on my local and pushed them to the remote,
> which resulted in a messy history with duplicate comments.

This easily happens
Usually when you merge old history back onto rewritten history
It's easy to confuse what is what when rewriting history

If you find yourself rewriting and force pushing a lot
you might find the following script helpful
https://gist.github.com/CervEdin/2e72388c3f7d9b30d961ec3b64d08761
It shows:
- The graphs of differences between local and upstream of a branch
- The difference between local and upstream
- Prompts to force push with lease

> But at least my GitHub page has more green on it!

If you want green you can fork
https://github.com/cervEdin/vanity