On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Shariyar wrote: > Hi, > > I am having a problem in generating a kernel trace using the latest LTTng > on Ubuntu 12.04. It was working fine previously but when I updated LTTng it > stopped generating the trace contents. I did an uninstall and reinstall but > it didn't work either. > > In particular, I am able to create a session, list all kernel events, > start a trace and stop a trace. My user is also in the tracing group. > However, there are no contents in the trace files generated for every CPU > in the system. Initially, the Babeltrace and the TMF both gave errors and > when I explored the trace folder I found out that they are empty files.The > metadata and index files do show some contents; however, nothing exists in > the channelx_x files. > > What would be wrong? Please let me know. > > Regards, > Shariyar > > _______________________________________________ > lttng-dev mailing list > lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org > http://lists.lttng.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/lttng-dev > > Hi, The stable Ubuntu packages are currently in a not-so-stable state, so you will probably want to use the packages from the PPA . Make sure to get the whole toolchain there, and to cleanly uninstall the packages already present on your machine to avoid any conflicts. Regards, Antoine Busque.