Stefan, It is ok for you if I prepare a patch (touching configure and net/netmap.c) that makes sure the host kernel has the minimum netmap version required for QEMU to work (and if not just --disable-netmap)? Cheers, Vincenzo 2014-02-14 11:24 GMT+01:00 Luigi Rizzo : > > > > On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 2:20 AM, Vincenzo Maffione wrote: > >> Yes, for sure we need to do a check. >> >> However, this would involve - I think - some non-trivial modifications to >> net/netmap.c, because without NS_MOREFRAG you cannot split a packet over >> more "netmap slots/descriptors" (both tx and rx side) >> >> Therefore I would ask (manly Luigi, since netmap is in-tree in FreeBSD): >> Wouldn't it be better to force --disable-netmap when we realize that >> NETMAP_API (version number for the netmap API) is less than the value >> required by QEMU? This can be done in ./configure. In this way we keep the >> QEMU code cleaner. >> > > yes we should do exactly what vincenzo suggests. > > cheers > luigi > -- Vincenzo Maffione