On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 12:20 AM Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 03:57:49PM +0000, Eldon Stegall wrote: > > Hello! > > I'd be happy to help with this. I'm mostly a consumer of QEMU, but > > greatly appreciate all the work this community has done, and was able > > to contribute a little by helping with QEMU advent this past year. I > > would be happy to help streamline some of this activities if that would > > be welcome, and would gratefully contribute time and resources. Hosting > > and serving data like this has been core to my recent experience. > > > > I would be happy to suggest and build out a distribution strategy for > > these packages, and believe I could cut some costs, and even convince a > > small consultancy I am a part of here that uses QEMU to foot a > > reasonable bill. > > > > A brief introduction, since I haven't had the pleasure of attending > > FOSDEM or any other QEMU meetups: I am a startup-oriented Cloud Security > > Architect, based out of Atlanta, previously with companies like > > DataStax, but now working on AWS video pipelines for a startup here. > > Thanks for joining the discussion and for running last year's QEMU > Advent Calendar, Eldon. > > Any ideas for moving download.qemu.org to a hosted service would be > appreciated! We haven't compared CDN and cloud providers closely yet. If > you have experience in this area or time to check them out, then that > would be valuable. > > QEMU has funds if there is a cost for file hosting (probably less than > $100/month). Some providers may be willing to support an open source > project for free. Possible providers include CloudFlare, Akamai, Fastly, > Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, etc. > https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/opensource/aws-promotional-credits-open-source-projects/ Let me know if ya'll apply and I'm happy to push it through. Regards, Anthony Liguori