To fix this issue: - I cloned dtc from its repositoryand extracted the tarball to qemu/dtc/. - Compiled dtc from source first using make - Restarted configuring qemu. The problem was qemu tries to search for dtc binaries in qemu/dtc. Even if you have installed dtc using sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler, you will get the above error(mentioned in the question), so you probably need to have the binaries in qemu/dtc. On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Jobin Raju George wrote: > I am trying to compile qemu from source to get my hands dirty with its > development. I cloned the package from the repository. > I extracted the tarball and started with the configuration using > > ./configure > > when I got the following error: > > ERROR: DTC (libfdt) not present. Your options: > (1) Preferred: Install the DTC (libfdt) devel package > (2) Fetch the DTC submodule, using: > git submodule update --init dtc > > I tried installing libfdt using sudo apt-get install libfdt-dev but this > did not resolve the error. > > There is a similar question I have seen but this too could not solve the > error I am facing: > > - "ERROR: zlib check failed" while compiling Qemu > > > > -- > > Thanks and regards, > > Jobin Raju George > > Final Year, Information Technology > > College of Engineering Pune > > Alternate e-mail: georgejr10.it@coep.ac.in > > -- Thanks and regards, Jobin Raju George Final Year, Information Technology College of Engineering Pune Alternate e-mail: georgejr10.it@coep.ac.in