On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 6:51 AM Khem Raj wrote: > this is quite encouraging, dont go by number of lines of change :) > btw. did you also try with other change which reduces native dependencies, > I've tried layer.conf change in our builds and it causes _a lot_ of pkgconfig issues, but in most cases they are easy to spot in failed task log and easy to fix. With ~ 100 fixed recipes I can build the images again :). I've already merged bunch of these fixes in various layers and queued it for others. I've seen a lot of these fixes for meta-oe layers from Khem as well, so I think it's also getting ready. But possibly less impressive improvement and more fixes still needed for other external layers. Maybe we could add pkgconfig inherit in e.g. cmake.bbclass, that would at least in my case eliminate maybe 90% cases where I needed to add pkgconfig inherit (because native pkgconfig is called from CMake's FindPkgConfig).