You can add a layer which will set LAYERSERIES_COMPAT for another layer, but it needs to be parsed before the layer you want to change, e.g.: https://github.com/webosose/meta-webosose/blob/thud/meta-qt5-compat/conf/layer.conf it's useful to use this layer also to implement whatever modifications are needed to make the layer to be actually compatible with the release you're using, like: https://github.com/webOS-ports/meta-webos-ports/tree/zeus/meta-qt5-compat On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 1:17 PM TRO wrote: > Hi, > have an issue with a layer which doesn't have the current dunfell release > in it's LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_ > -> can I overwrite it somehow in a different layer or local.conf? > -> can I configure the error "...is not compatible with the core layer..." > to a warning? > cheers, Thomas >