From: asadpt iqroot <asadptiqroot@gmail.com>
To: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Cc: linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: V4l2 Sensor driver and V4l2 ctrls
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 12:02:57 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the reply.

In board, we have the HDMI connectors. Is it mandatory to use this ctrl
V4L2_CID_DV_RX_POWER_PRESENT. Based on this v4l2 ctrl, what v4l2 framework
will do? If I do not set any value to this ctrl, what will happen to
video streaming?

For example, if I did not add this control in driver, what will
happen? Whether this will
affect the functionality of the video streaming? or not.

Why do we have the standard v4l2 ctrl like this?

Thanks for the inputs.