* hostapd and other packages with yocto for imx6sl-evk
@ 2014-09-01  6:37 jags gediya
From: jags gediya @ 2014-09-01  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale; +Cc: yocto

I am adding packages on core-image-minimal according to my requirement
for imx6sl based custom board.

For that i am changing the below file.
poky/meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-boot.bb

I have made below changes,

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "\
    base-files \
    base-passwd \
    busybox \
    .
    .
    ${MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RDEPENDS} \
    iperf \
    uim \
    bt-firmware \
    bluez5 \
    pulseaudio \
    wpa-supplicant \
    wireless-tools"

But i am not able to get pulseaudio in my file-system. What can be the reason?

About hostapd,

I am not able to find hostapd package bb file inside poky directory.
although hostapd is available inside meta-openembedded, but when i am
trying to add that package, i am getting the error.

How can i enable hostapd in yocto image.

I am building yocto for imx6sl-evk based custom board.

* Re: [meta-freescale] hostapd and other packages with yocto for imx6sl-evk
@ 2014-09-01 14:06   ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2014-09-01 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jags gediya; +Cc: meta-freescale, yocto

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 3:37 AM, jags gediya <jags.gediya@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am adding packages on core-image-minimal according to my requirement
> for imx6sl based custom board.
>
> For that i am changing the below file.
> poky/meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-boot.bb
>
> I have made below changes,
>
> RDEPENDS_${PN} = "\
>     base-files \
>     base-passwd \
>     busybox \
>     .
>     .
>     ${MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RDEPENDS} \
>     iperf \
>     uim \
>     bt-firmware \
>     bluez5 \
>     pulseaudio \
>     wpa-supplicant \
>     wireless-tools"
>
> But i am not able to get pulseaudio in my file-system. What can be the reason?

I am not used with pulseaudio, maybe you need a specific tool, not
"pulseaudio" which should already being there, as it's the default for
DISTRO_FEATURE (if I remember it right)

Try take a look on this
http://layers.openembedded.org

> About hostapd,
>
> I am not able to find hostapd package bb file inside poky directory.
> although hostapd is available inside meta-openembedded, but when i am
> trying to add that package, i am getting the error.
>
> How can i enable hostapd in yocto image.

I think you should update bblayer.conf

> I am building yocto for imx6sl-evk based custom board.

It should not be a problem, if you made the machine conf file based on
imx6slevk board.

Daiane

* Re: hostapd and other packages with yocto for imx6sl-evk
@ 2014-09-01 14:06   ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2014-09-01 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jags gediya; +Cc: meta-freescale, yocto