* problems building imx-lib_3.10.17-1.0.0 with kernel 4.x
@ 2015-06-14 12:49 Gyorgy Kovesdi
From: Gyorgy Kovesdi @ 2015-06-14 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi,

I have the following problem building imx-lib_3.10.17-1.0.0 with kernel
4.x:

pxp_lib.h:19:30: fatal error: linux/pxp_device.h: No such file or
directory
#include <linux/pxp_device.h>

It seems that linux/pxp_device.h is gone.
I tried to find newer versions, but unfortunately, browsing the source
page gives me this error:

http://www.freescale.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/ on this
server.

I don't really understand why the file list of such a page is
forbidden, while the package sources can be downloaded. How can I find
the newest version this way?

Is there a newer version available, or is there any other solution?
I found some mentions about 3.10.53 on the net, but could not find the
sources.

Regards
György Kövesdi

* Re: problems building imx-lib_3.10.17-1.0.0 with kernel 4.x
@ 2015-06-15 10:56 ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2015-06-15 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gyorgy Kovesdi; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Gyorgy Kovesdi <kgy@teledigit.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem building imx-lib_3.10.17-1.0.0 with kernel
> 4.x:

which branch are you trying to build? Latest meta-fsl-arm stable
branch is fido, with imx-lib_3.10.53

> pxp_lib.h:19:30: fatal error: linux/pxp_device.h: No such file or
> directory
> #include <linux/pxp_device.h>

But, as for the alsa package, imx-lib can only be built with linux-imx kernel.

> It seems that linux/pxp_device.h is gone.
> I tried to find newer versions, but unfortunately, browsing the source
> page gives me this error:
>
> http://www.freescale.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/ on this
> server.

It is forbidden because you should not try to see the folder, you can
only access the files inside it.

> I don't really understand why the file list of such a page is
> forbidden, while the package sources can be downloaded. How can I find
> the newest version this way?

I can only think about using the newest stable branch as the "formal
way to get updates"....

> Is there a newer version available, or is there any other solution?
> I found some mentions about 3.10.53 on the net, but could not find the
> sources.

???

Maybe it is a good time to send a link
http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.8/