We got the Hello World to work perfectly, thank you for the assistance! How would we now go about doing the exact same thing, but hardware implemented? By that, I mean actually running the phosphor state manager modified module on the physical BMC chip? How do we install the OpenBMC sdk? Also, is there a method to read from the computer's BIOS chip from this modified state manager? On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM Andrew Geissler wrote: > > > On Jan 20, 2020, at 11:03 AM, Samuel Herts wrote: > > Thank you! > I have a supermicro X9 with ast2400 BMC chip. How would we go about > installing it? openBMC onto it? We currently have a fresh install of Ubuntu > LTS on it, and nothing else. > > > The only AST2400 config I’m familiar with is our Palmetto. > You could start with that machine and tweak it for yours. > > https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-ibm/meta-palmetto/conf/machine/palmetto.conf > > > In terms of the development virtual machine. I keep running into an issue > when trying to wget the sdk. > Specifically, this line: wget > https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-build-sdk/distro=ubuntu,target=romulus/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/deploy/sdk/oecore-x86_64-arm1176jzs-toolchain-nodistro.0.sh > After running that inside the romulus emulator, it runs out of space and > won't complete the download. Does this mean I need to either increase the > storage for the romulus, or am I simply installing it in the wrong place, > and instead need to wget that into the regular VM? > > > The SDK is not meant to be downloaded to the actual OpenBMC > system. I’t meant to be downloaded to your development system. > You can then use it to build OpenBMC software that you then copy > over to your OpenBMC and run. > > Apologies for all the questions, I am doing as much research as I can, and > this mailing list seems to be the largest wealth of knowledge I have > available. > > --Sam > > On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:57 AM Michael Richardson > wrote: > >> >> Samuel Herts wrote: >> > I am currently working on getting a working OpenBMC test environment >> > up and running. I am using VirtualBox and the github Development >> > Environment tutorial. I had a couple questions regarding how to make >> > our own modules. Would it be possible to upload files to the bmc on >> > the virtual server? >> >> You can do that. >> The disk is rather small by default. >> If you are using VirtualBox, you may be able to use the vboxfs file >> system to >> mount the host. That might require adding modules to the kernel. >> >> > And would I be able to make a script which can read text off of that >> > file inside the bmc chip? >> >> > I have a physical server which I am not using yet, would I be able >> to >> > install openbmc and the scripts and insert the file onto the actual >> > bmc chip, and eventually read from that file? >> >> Maybe. What server do you have? >> >> -- >> ] Never tell me the odds! | ipv6 mesh >> networks [ >> ] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works | IoT >> architect [ >> ] mcr@sandelman.ca http://www.sandelman.ca/ | ruby on >> rails [ >> >> > > -- > Sincerely, > Samuel Herts > > > -- Sincerely, Samuel Herts