Thank you! I have a supermicro X9 with ast2400 BMC chip. How would we go about installing it? openBMC onto it? We currently have a fresh install of Ubuntu LTS on it, and nothing else. In terms of the development virtual machine. I keep running into an issue when trying to wget the sdk. Specifically, this line: wget https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-build-sdk/distro=ubuntu,target=romulus/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/deploy/sdk/oecore-x86_64-arm1176jzs-toolchain-nodistro.0.sh After running that inside the romulus emulator, it runs out of space and won't complete the download. Does this mean I need to either increase the storage for the romulus, or am I simply installing it in the wrong place, and instead need to wget that into the regular VM? Apologies for all the questions, I am doing as much research as I can, and this mailing list seems to be the largest wealth of knowledge I have available. --Sam On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:57 AM Michael Richardson wrote: > > Samuel Herts wrote: > > I am currently working on getting a working OpenBMC test environment > > up and running. I am using VirtualBox and the github Development > > Environment tutorial. I had a couple questions regarding how to make > > our own modules. Would it be possible to upload files to the bmc on > > the virtual server? > > You can do that. > The disk is rather small by default. > If you are using VirtualBox, you may be able to use the vboxfs file system > to > mount the host. That might require adding modules to the kernel. > > > And would I be able to make a script which can read text off of that > > file inside the bmc chip? > > > I have a physical server which I am not using yet, would I be able to > > install openbmc and the scripts and insert the file onto the actual > > bmc chip, and eventually read from that file? > > Maybe. What server do you have? > > -- > ] Never tell me the odds! | ipv6 mesh > networks [ > ] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works | IoT > architect [ > ] mcr@sandelman.ca http://www.sandelman.ca/ | ruby on > rails [ > > -- Sincerely, Samuel Herts