Hi Marcel, > >> the real evolution would be that we get a serial bus (as discussed a > >> few weeks ago) which then the UART kernel drivers can enumerate its > >> devices on. > > > > If I understood correctly, you would like to stop exposing /dev/ttyX > > for Bluetooth UART drivers in the long run. Would it mean that the > > user-space btattach will then be deprecated and the firmware loading > > will be moved into the kernel itself? Or another approach instead? > > firmware loading is already in the kernel. At least for Broadcom and > Intel based devices. I wanted to mean: moving the firmware loading *triggering* all in kernel, with the future UART device enumeration. Or do you still see a benefit to keep the "attach" step in user space, to cover some specific use cases maybe? I'll keep following the serial bus discussions, this is a every interesting evolution. Thanks again, Jérôme