On 28 May 2013 13:53, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote: > Implementing out of process device logic would absolutely be useful for > qemu, for security. > This sounds wonderful from my perspective. The whole PCI device implemented in my process according to the Virtio spec? What would it take to make this possible? I really want snabbswitch <-> guest I/O with as little involvement from Linux and QEMU as possible. Personally I can work much more effectively in the snabbswitch code than in QEMU or Linux and that's why I haven't implemented Stefan's design, despite having several times sat down with the intention of doing so :)