From: Robert Balogh <ethrbh@gmail.com>
To: fio <fio@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: FIO performance measurement between volumes
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:47:11 +0100	[thread overview]

hello FIO experts,

I am a beginner in FIO, and I met with a problem.

Currently in my Ubuntu based server the "/dev/vdb1" volume is attached
to the "/home/batman/fio/cindervolume" path. FIO job is configured
like this

    [global]
    filename=fio-172_20_2_13
    directory=/home/batman/fio/cindervolume rw=rw
    rwmixread=60
    rwmixwrite=40
    bs=4k
    rate=500k
    direct=1
    numjobs=1
    time_based=1
    runtime=14d
    verify=crc32c
    continue_on_error=all
    group_reporting=1

    [file1]
    iodepth=1
    ; -- end job file --

FIO is started like this and works well:
    /usr/bin/fio --size=10G
--output=/home/batman/fio/cindervolume/fio-172_20_2_13-process.log
/home/batman/fioApp/fio-seq-RW.job &

FIO version I use: fio-3.25

My next step would be to attach a 2nd volume for example "/dev/vdc" to
"/home/batman/fio/cindervolume-2" path, and I would do performance
measurement between the volumes. I was checking the FIO user’s guide,
https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_doc.html but unfortunately I
cannot figure out which parameter might help me to solve this topic.

By-the-way is this possible to do with FIO? If so, could you please
help me by giving some direction/hints?

thanks for your help,

/Robi