On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Mark Salyzyn wrote: > In an enclosure model where there are chaining expanders to a large body > of storage, it was discovered that libsas, responding to a broadcast > event change, would only revalidate the domain of first child expander > in the list. > > The issue is that the pointer value to the discovered source device was > used to break out of the loop, rather than the content of the pointer. > > This still remains non-compliant as the revalidate domain code is > supposed to loop through all child expanders, and not stop at the first > one it finds that reports a change count. However, the design of this > routine does not allow multiple device discoveries and that would be a > more complicated set of patches reserved for another day. We are fixing > the glaring bug rather than refactoring the code. > > Please note, as I am *stuck* on Outlook as per company policy, the > following inline content will likely not patch clean even emailed as > 'Plain Text', the enclosed attached file should do the job. Yeah, Outlook helped you out with some line wrapping. The attachment is missing "From:", "Subject::" and the rest of the changelog, I went ahead and attached a revised version. > I have Cc'd > all the folks that originated the files in libsas, as there was no > listed MAINTAINERs. I wouldn't mind being cc'd on all libsas patches, probably all the other libsas lldd maintainers would like to be cc'd as well (added Xiangliang (mvsas) and Jack (pm8001)) > Checkpatch.pl reports clean. Patch applies cleanly to a WIDE variety of > kernels up to latest. > > Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn > > Cc: Luben Tuikov > Cc: Darrick J Wong > Cc: James Bottomley Reviewed-by: Dan Williams