* Missing all ubi commands in mtd-utils
@ 2019-09-20  9:52 JH
From: JH @ 2019-09-20  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hi,

I installed mtd-utils from Yocto, the document
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubi.html#L_usptools says that
mtd-utils includes all ubi commands, but I cannot find any of them,
what I am missing here?

# opkg files mtd-utils
Package mtd-utils (2.0.2+0+bc63d36e39-r0) is installed on root and has the foll:
/usr/sbin/nandwrite.mtd-utils
/usr/sbin/flash_otp_info
/usr/sbin/nandtest
/usr/sbin/mtd_debug
/usr/sbin/flash_otp_dump
/usr/sbin/flash_otp_lock
/usr/sbin/flash_unlock.mtd-utils
/usr/sbin/mtdinfo
/usr/sbin/flashcp.mtd-utils
/usr/sbin/flash_eraseall.mtd-utils
/usr/sbin/flash_otp_write
/usr/sbin/mtdpart
/usr/sbin/nanddump.mtd-utils
/usr/sbin/flash_erase
/usr/sbin/flash_lock.mtd-utils

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

* Re: Missing all ubi commands in mtd-utils
@ 2019-09-20 11:10 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2019-09-20 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JH; +Cc: linux-mtd

Dear Jupiter,

In message <CAA=hcWRK-ChXxovKqSLpDF+JO7DtjginYXY33O-xtEAq25MiuQ@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I installed mtd-utils from Yocto, the document

So this is a Yocto question, not a MTD one. You should have asked on
the Yocto mailing list instead.

> http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubi.html#L_usptools says that
> mtd-utils includes all ubi commands, but I cannot find any of them,
> what I am missing here?

Probably "ubifs" is not set in your DISTRO_FEATURES ?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
You get a wonderful view from the point of no return.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Making_Money_

* Re: Missing all ubi commands in mtd-utils
@ 2019-09-20 14:33   ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2019-09-20 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk; +Cc: linux-mtd, JH

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 1:10 PM Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
> Probably "ubifs" is not set in your DISTRO_FEATURES ?

Yocto splits mtd-utils into many sub-packages, ubi stuff is in mtd-utils-ubifs.

//richard

* Re: Missing all ubi commands in mtd-utils
@ 2019-09-20 14:51     ` Oliver
From: Oliver @ 2019-09-20 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

On 20-09-2019 16:33, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 1:10 PM Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
>> Probably "ubifs" is not set in your DISTRO_FEATURES ?
> Yocto splits mtd-utils into many sub-packages, ubi stuff is in mtd-utils-ubifs.

alpine also splits them since a few months into smaller packages.

* Re: Missing all ubi commands in mtd-utils
@ 2019-09-21  0:13     ` JH
From: JH @ 2019-09-21  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Weinberger; +Cc: linux-mtd

Thanks Richard and all, indeed in mtd-utils-ubifs, my apology.

Kind regards,

- jupiter