From: "JH" <jupiter.hce@gmail.com>
To: Yocto discussion list <yocto@yoctoproject.org>
Subject: WiFi network failure after updating thud to zeus
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:31:07 +1100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I was using thud version to build image to run on imx6, it was working
perfectly except I was told a bug in connman version 3.15, I need to
build connman version 3.17. I could hot use thud to build connman
3.17, so I upgraded Yocto to zeus.

After installing new image built from zeus, now I have a very weird
WiFi network problem, it could not get IP address from WiFi router
DHCP initially, after a while, the WiFi got an IP address
169.254.203.142 which is not my WiFi router subnet 192.168.0.x, it
could not connect to the Internet either.

My first suspicion was the new updated connman version 3.17, but when
replaced connman 3.17 to connman 3.15 in an old version system which
image was built from thud, it was no problem at all. Apparently
something got wrong in the image built from zeus. Has anyone aware of
that issue?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh