From: ahmedsoliman0x666@gmail.com (Ahmed Soliman)
To: kernelnewbies@lists.kernelnewbies.org
Subject: How to change page permission from inside the kernel?
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 13:05:51 +0200	[thread overview]

> It sounds like the only permission you care about is
> the permission of the _guest_ writing to that memory,
> not the permission of the qemu-kvm userspace program
> writing to that memory.
Yes that is perhaps what I meant.

> You may be looking at the wrong page mapping to
> manipulate.

I think that it is still the same mapping because hva created by
qemu-kvm is the one used by the guest (after another layer of paging
?).
I will check TLB specs and verify valdis worries about problems with
interfering data moving to TLB.
But I think I moved away from the original question. So I will re-ask
it again, How can i change set R/O protection to a page from inside a
kernel module ? That was the current problem I was facing.