After some googling I fixed my issue customizing mkefidisk.wks script, adding "rootflags=data=journal" to the line related with the bootloader: bootloader --ptable gpt --timeout=5 --append="rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 rootflags=data=journal noapic" Now my rootfs is mounted with "journal" flag enabled: # mount | grep sda /dev/sda3 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,nodelalloc,data=journal) I don't know if this is the most proper way to manage this issue, but at least it works now. If some of you knows a better way to manage this, please let me know about it. Thank you in advance! :)