From: Roger Heflin <rogerheflin@gmail.com>
To: Nix <nix@esperi.org.uk>
Cc: Wols Lists <antlists@youngman.org.uk>,
	Linux RAID <linux-raid@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: 5.18: likely useless very preliminary bug report: mdadm raid-6 boot-time assembly failure
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 09:24:47 -0500	[thread overview]

partprobe will also recreate as needed the partition mappings.

A serial port crossover cable (assuming your machine still has a
serial port and you have another machine close by and a serial port
and/or usb serial cable) can collect all of the console if
console=ttyS0,115200 is set on the boot line (S0 = com1, s1=com2,...)
 Another option would be to use a fat/vfat formatted usb key and save
it on that.

It does not actually matter if the initramfs is built into the kernel
image or not, grub is what loads both the kernel and initrd into
memory and then tells the kernel to execute.   Once the kernel/ramfs
is loaded you don't actually even need to be able to mount /boot and
/boot/efi except to update the kernel and/or change parameters stored
in /boot or /boot/efi.