I don't see the downloadable version for dm-integrity .Is there a link to it.I see just dm-verity https://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/w/list?can=2&q=dm-integrity&colspec=PageName+Summary+Changed+ChangedBy Can you please let me know the link? On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM, Milan Broz wrote: > On 04/06/2014 12:26 AM, Shivaramakrishnan Vaidyanathan wrote: > > Also, > > http://lwn.net/Articles/533558/ tells that > > "The key advantage over dm-verity is that the target supports > read-write and requires less hash calculation operations.Device-mapper > "integrity" target provides transparent cryptographic integrity protection > of underlying read-write block device using hash-based message > authentication codes (HMACs), which can be stored on the same or different > block device." > > > > I dont understand or get the main purpose of this tool. Could you please > explain in a bit more elaborate way.Thanks > > DM-integrity is completely different tool, I just know it was > proposed on dm-devel but never merged to mainline. > > The main difference from dm-verity is obviously it provides read-write > functionality. > > Please read dmdevel archive and use Google, there is nice presentation > by author of dm-integrity on LinuxCon Europe (2013) > "Integrity protection solutions in Linux" which shortly mentions both > verity and integrity targets. > > (And it is big question if this integrity checking should be on block or > filesystem level.) > > Milan >