Hi Fabio, On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 6:11 AM Fabio Estevam wrote: > > I suggest you to move to kernel 5.4.x instead. > > Can you explain why you recommend the 5.4 kernel? I don't see a recipe for it in meta-freescale. Can anyone else answer some of my other questions? 1. For i.MX6UL support and functionality, is there a significant difference between linux-fslc and linux-imx-fslc? 2. For linux-imx-fslc, is there a specific reason it is still using 4.9-1.0.x-imx and not the newer 4.9-2.3.x-imx branch? 3. Is anyone maintaining the 4.9 branch and planning to keep it up to date with upstream LTS updates? Thanks, Jesse On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 6:11 AM Fabio Estevam wrote: > Hi Jesse, > > On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 7:33 PM Jesse Gilles > wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > I am working on a project using the i.MX6UL and I am curious about the > state of Linux kernel support in various different kernel recipes in > meta-freescale. > > > > After reading documentation and various posts, this is my understanding > of the different kernels in the layer: > > > > linux-fslc: purely community maintained kernel, kept pretty up to date > with upstream > > linux-imx-fslc: community maintained kernel, based off NXP official BSP > release kernel > > linux-imx: NXP official BSP release kernel > > > > For i.MX6UL support and functionality, is there a significant difference > between linux-fslc and linux-imx-fslc? > > > > For linux-imx-fslc, is there a specific reason it is still using > 4.9-1.0.x-imx and not the newer 4.9-2.3.x-imx branch? > > > > If linux-imx-fslc is the best option, is anyone maintaining the 4.9 > branch and planning to keep it up to date with upstream LTS updates? I see > that 4.9-2.3.x-imx has been updated to 4.9.166. > > > > In short, I am looking for the best maintained and updated kernel with > support for the i.MX6UL, including security fixes into the future. My > existing project uses a customized linux-imx 4.9 kernel. > > > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > I suggest you to move to kernel 5.4.x instead. > > Regards, > > Fabio Estevam >