From: Phil Pokorny <ppokorny@penguincomputing.com>
To: openipmi-developer@lists.sourceforge.net, linux-i2c@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Please pick up i2c-xlp9xx driver patches
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 13:01:38 -0800	[thread overview]

Cross-posting to openipmi and linux-i2c...
There are four patches from Cavium starting with
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/18/12 that fix an issue with the xlp9xx driver
that causes ipmi_ssif not to be able to detect a platform BMC.

I have two different pre-production hardware chassis that are affected by
this issue and I don't see that the patches were included in v4.15.

I wonder if either Corey or Jean could/should pick these up and submit
upstream?  There doesn't seem to be a MAINTAINERS entry for the i2c-xlp9xx
The driver was submitted Cavium (was Broadcom at the time)  The posts don't
seem to have gotten any comments on LKML.

I tested the patches and they fix the ipmi_ssif detection issue I had.  So
I'm willing to add "Tested-by" to the patches if that helps.

Would like to see these patches make it up-stream so I can they ask that
they be included in the Red Hat and SuSE distro kernels for ARM64.

Thanks,
Phil P.

--
Philip Pokorny, RHCE
Chief Technology Officer

Changing the world through technical innovation