On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 5:34 AM Marek Olšák wrote: > Yes, we can't break anything because we don't want to complicate things > for us. It's pretty much all NAK'd already. We are trying to gather more > knowledge and then make better decisions. > > The idea we are considering is that we'll expose memory-based sync objects > to userspace for read only, and the kernel or hw will strictly control the > memory writes to those sync objects. The hole in that idea is that > userspace can decide not to signal a job, so even if userspace can't > overwrite memory-based sync object states arbitrarily, it can still decide > not to signal them, and then a future fence is born. > This would actually be treated as a GPU hang caused by that context, so it should be fine. Marek