From: vaibhav shinde <v.bhav.shinde@gmail.com>
To: Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk>
Cc: trisha yad <trisha1march@gmail.com>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW issue on ARM
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:09:46 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi Russel,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 05:18:56PM +0530, trisha yad wrote:
> > I wish to know how can I support this function in 3.0 ?
>
> If your description is correct, then all you need to do is to ensure
> that you route interrupts to other CPUs.
>
> You can do that by running the userspace irqbalance daemon.

I also tried with the irqbalance daemon, on ARM quad core architecture,
and as per my understanding, the daemon sets the
/proc/irq/<irq.no.>/smp_affinity
file according to the irq frequency on a particular processor.

          However, the daemon doesn't work as expected, I also tried
accessing the
proc file mentioned above to set the cpu mask for particular irq, but this
just block the processing of the irq, as I see the count of that irq
doesnt increase
in /proc/interrupts.

            My conclusion is that the irqbalancing is not supported on
ARM arch or there is
something  more required for this to work. Kindly provide some
pointers over this.

Regards,
Vaibhav