Have you done any wireshark analysis on the traffic? My guess is that the round trip with network latency is bumping your build time by a factor of at least 100x. The state-cache is hammered on continuously, so have probably introduced a significant bottleneck. ..Ch:W.. On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 17:45 Timothy Froehlich wrote: > I've been spending a bit too long this past week trying to build up a > reproducable build infrastructure in AWS and I've got very little > experience with cloud infrastucture and I'm wondering if I'm going in the > wrong direction. I'm attempting to host my sstate_cache as a mirror in a > private S3 bucket, and I believe I have everything configured properly, > including exposing the bucket to http requests, since I can wget files that > I've previously synced up to the bucket. However if I add in the > SSTATE_MIRRORS to my build, bitbake slows to a crawl (it's a powerful VM) > and barely seems to get anything. The EC2 instance is in the same region as > the S3 bucket, roles have been configured properly to allow access, etc. > > I'm not looking for help debugging this, I just want to know whether I'm > right that hosting my sstate in an S3 bucket should work. I've only been > able to find one mention of it being done with no reproduction hints. > > -- > _______________________________________________ > yocto mailing list > yocto@yoctoproject.org > https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto > -- “I would challenge anyone here to think of a question upon which we once had a scientific answer, however inadequate, but for which now the best answer is a religious one." -Sam Harris