I was attempting an image build with Yocto Hardknott, and I ran into a chown problem during do_rootfs(). I traced it down to ${WORKDIR}/intercept_scripts showing up in the PSEUDO_IGNORE_PATHS environment variable. This commit made the change: https://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/meta/classes/image.bbclass?id=9463be2292b942a1072eea88881b9644e55aadb9 I continued down the rabbit hole until I got here: https://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/lib/oe/package_manager/__init__.py#n173 Line 192 specifically is the smoking gun. The files are being copied from poky/scripts/postinst-intercepts into the ${WORKDIR}/intercept_scripts directory and immediately failing when the copyFile utility attempts to do a chown. Is there any logical explanation for this? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround? ..Ch:W.. -- *"Perfection must be reached by degrees; she requires the slow hand of time." - Voltaire*