From: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@do-not-panic.com>
To: Aaron Hamilton <aaron@logicdatasystems.net>
Cc: "backports@vger.kernel.org" <backports@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: 3.14-1 Compile Problem for 2.6.39.4 Kernel
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 01:45:14 -0700	[thread overview]

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Aaron Hamilton
<aaron@logicdatasystems.net> wrote:
> If I recall correctly, I was able to get this to compile by enabling
> CONFIG_CRYPTO_CCM in my kernel. Without it, it won't compile.

Yeah that would do it:

mcgrof@drvbp1 ~/ksrc-backports $ grep CRYPTO_CCM
lib/modules/2.6.39-02063904-generic/build/.config
CONFIG_CRYPTO_CCM=m

Unfortunately right now we don't compile tests against random configs
but as you can imagine doing so would take quite a bit of time. Even
so, we need a way to be able to nudge the config a bit to compile
everything we do expect to ship without compromising the config
enough. That might be tricky, best I can say for now is that we do
need a bit more review / help with alternative base configs.

  Luis