From: Ruslan Bilovol <ruslan.bilovol@gmail.com>
To: Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman@ivitera.com>
Cc: harrison conroy <harrisonconroy@me.com>,
	Linux USB <linux-usb@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: usb:gadget:f_uac2: EP OUT is adaptive instead of async
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 15:21:04 +0300	[thread overview]

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 1:24 PM Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman@ivitera.com> wrote:

> Dne 22. 07. 20 v 17:25 harrison conroy napsal(a):
> > Hi Ruslan,
> >
> > I am working on a project that involves using an RPi 4 as a USB Gadget
> > and we have run into the feedback endpoint issue causing Windows 10 to
> > not recognize it as a USB audio device. Do you have any updates on this
> > patch for the community? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> As a temporary workaround you can change the EP OUT type from
> USB_ENDPOINT_SYNC_ASYNC to USB_ENDPOINT_SYNC_ADAPTIVE.
>
> Or you can add implicit feedback flag to the EP IN. Win10 should handle
> implicit feedback OK, unlike Win7. Unfortunately linux still requires an
> explicit quirk for the implicit feedback
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg111824.html . Yet it is
> still a workaround because IMO the existing EP IN is in fact not async
> but adaptive, clocked by the USB frames.

There is a commit which I've sent earlier this month which is a part
of Win10 enumeration solution:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/balbi/usb.git/commit/?h=next&id=a9cf8715180b18c62addbfe6f6267b8101903119

For the rest of the solution (feedback endpoint implementation) I'm
refreshing patches on top of this, and expect to submit them very soon

Thanks,
Ruslan