* port intel-gpu-tools to Wayland
@ 2016-09-29  9:34 cornel panceac
From: cornel panceac @ 2016-09-29  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development

Hello,

Is this the right mailing list to ask about intel-gpu-tools? I wonder if
anyone can help me port it to Wayland only, no X11.

Regards,
Cornel

* Re: port intel-gpu-tools to Wayland
@ 2016-09-29 12:20 ` Jani Nikula
       [not found]   ` <CABB=jmG0y-zeDEjW=bh0=7FfhNDTuDKqSdOcLkoAdRYKA-rQtQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jani Nikula @ 2016-09-29 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cornel panceac, Intel Graphics Development

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, cornel panceac <cpanceac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this the right mailing list to ask about intel-gpu-tools? I wonder if
> anyone can help me port it to Wayland only, no X11.

Please be more specific. Most of it is on top of libdrm, or just messing
with the mmio directly, and independent of Wayland or X11.

BR,
Jani.

* Re: port intel-gpu-tools to Wayland
       [not found]       ` <CABB=jmEJ87ZOQVF1OguD76Aj+Z4-Vd2VC2d0dkw_=hD75fTJKQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-09-29 13:45         ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2016-09-29 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cornel panceac, Latvala, Petri; +Cc: intel-gfx

Oh, the list and Petri seem to have been dropped off the distribution,
adding back. I don't have an answer on the rest. Petri?

@ 2016-10-13 13:09           ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2016-10-13 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula; +Cc: intel-gfx

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 04:45:34PM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:

> Oh, the list and Petri seem to have been dropped off the distribution,
> adding back. I don't have an answer on the rest. Petri?

> >> if

> >> running

> >> requirement.
> >>
> >> On my debian box, dpkg -s xutils-dev says, "Description: X Window System
> >> utility programs for development xutils-dev provides a set of utility
> >> programs shipped with the X Window System that do not require the X
> >> libraries; many of these programs are useful even on a system that does
> >> not have any X clients or X servers installed."
> >>
> >> I'm not sure if that is a real concern. Anything else?
> >>

> > Thank you Jan, i'll try this and provide feedback. One more detail, i'm
> > trying to build it in Yocto, and in our project it complains that x11
> > DISTRO_FEATURE is missing (this is by design). Also, the version is 1.11.

we use x-utils for some of the build-system magic. It shouldn't be a
runtime depency afaik.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter