From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@gmail.com>
To: Arnaud Mouiche <arnaud.mouiche@invoxia.com>
Cc: linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: HFP gateway and new incoming connection
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:03:05 +0300	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Arnaud Mouiche
<arnaud.mouiche@invoxia.com> wrote:
> On 08/23/2011 01:14 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
>>
>> Hi Arnaud,
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Arnaud Mouiche
>> <arnaud.mouiche@invoxia.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> what about using the org.bluez.Adapter / RegisterAgent API, and add:
>>> - the possibility to setup multiple agents (maintain a list of agents)
>>> - use the "capability" field as a filter definition to find the good
>>> agent
>>> for the particular request
>>> ex:
>>>    audio/gateway.c::agent_sendfd() will look for a agent in the list,
>>> with a
>>> "HFP" capability to send the "NewConnection" request
>>
>> I guess it would be confusing since with the same method we would have
>> different types of agents which implements different interfaces, there
>> is also the problem that by using Adapter interface it would have to
>> be implemented in the core daemon but my intention is to maintain this
>> inside the audio plugin to hook with Media API.
>>
> You are right. I didn't see how the core was compartmentalized from plugins.
> I need took more closely to the Media API...

How about the following:

Telephony hierarchy [experiemental]
===================

Service		org.bluez
Interface	org.bluez.Telephony
Object path	[variable prefix]/{hci0,hci1,...}

Methods		void RegisterAgent(object path, dict properties)

			Register a TelephonyAgent to sender, the sender can
			register as many agents as it likes.

			Note: If the sender disconnects its agents are
			automatically unregistered.

			possible properties:

				string UUID:

					UUID of the profile which the agent is
					for.

				uint16 Version:

					Version of the profile which the agent
					implements.

				byte Features:

					Agent supported features as defined in
					profile spec e.g. HFP.

			Possible Errors: org.bluez.Error.InvalidArguments

		void UnregisterAgent(object path)

			Unregister sender agent.

TelephonyAgent hierarchy
========================

Service		unique name
Interface	org.bluez.TelephonyAgent
Object path	freely definable

ethods		void NewConnection(filedescriptor fd, dict properties)

			This method gets called whenever a new connection
			has been established. This method assumes that DBus
			daemon with file descriptor passing capability is
			being used.

			The agent should only return successfully once the
			establishment of the service level connection (SLC)
			has been completed.  In the case of Handsfree this
			means that BRSF exchange has been performed and
			necessary initialization has been done.

			If Endpoint is set the agent is responsible to
			create an object implementing org.bluez.MediaTransport
			and notify the Endpoint using org.bluez.MediaEndpoint.

			possible properties:

				strict Device:

					BlueZ remote device object.

				string UUID:

					Profile UUID of the connection.

				uint16 Version:

					Remote profile version.

				byte Features:

					Remote profile features.

				string Endpoint:

					Optional. Endpoint bus id.

				string EndpointPath:

					Optional. Endpoint object path.

			Possible Errors: org.bluez.Error.InvalidArguments
					 org.bluez.Error.Failed

		void Release()

			This method gets called whenever the service daemon
			unregisters the agent or whenever the Adapter where
			the TelephonyAgent registers itself is removed.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz