* pull request: bluetooth 2021-10-04
@ 2021-10-04 22:21 Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2021-10-04 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: davem, kuba; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, netdev

The following changes since commit 1660034361904dfcb82714aa48615a9b66462ee6:

  Merge branch 'phy-10g-mode-helper' (2021-10-04 13:50:05 +0100)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bluetooth/bluetooth-next.git tags/for-net-next-2021-10-04

for you to fetch changes up to 43f51bd946dab69bb38b05863898dd711b7e4506:

  Bluetooth: Rename driver .prevent_wake to .wakeup (2021-10-04 15:15:36 -0700)

bluetooth-next pull request for net-next:

 - Add support for MediaTek MT7922 and MT7921
 - Add support for TP-Link UB500
 - Enable support for AOSP extention in Qualcomm WCN399x and Realtek
   8822C/8852A.
 - Add initial support for link quality and audio/codec offload.
 - Rework of sockets sendmsg to avoid locking issues.
 - Add vhci suspend/resume emulation.

Brian Gix (1):
      Bluetooth: mgmt: Disallow legacy MGMT_OP_READ_LOCAL_OOB_EXT_DATA

Chethan T N (2):
      Bluetooth: btintel: support link statistics telemetry events
      Bluetooth: Allow usb to auto-suspend when SCO use non-HCI transport

Colin Ian King (1):
      Bluetooth: btintel: Fix incorrect out of memory check

Desmond Cheong Zhi Xi (2):
      Bluetooth: call sock_hold earlier in sco_conn_del
      Bluetooth: fix init and cleanup of sco_conn.timeout_work

Dinghao Liu (1):
      Bluetooth: btmtkuart: fix a memleak in mtk_hci_wmt_sync

Hans de Goede (2):
      Bluetooth: hci_h5: Fix (runtime)suspend issues on RTL8723BS HCIs
      Bluetooth: hci_h5: directly return hci_uart_register_device() ret-val

Hilda Wu (1):
      Bluetooth: btrtl: Ask ic_info to drop firmware

Joseph Hwang (6):
      Bluetooth: btusb: disable Intel link statistics telemetry events
      Bluetooth: refactor set_exp_feature with a feature table
      Bluetooth: Support the quality report events
      Bluetooth: set quality report callback for Intel
      Bluetooth: hci_qca: enable Qualcomm WCN399x for AOSP extension
      Bluetooth: btrtl: enable Realtek 8822C/8852A to support AOSP extension

Kiran K (14):
      Bluetooth: btintel: Fix boot address
      Bluetooth: btintel: Read boot address irrespective of controller mode
      Bluetooth: Enumerate local supported codec and cache details
      Bluetooth: Add support for Read Local Supported Codecs V2
      Bluetooth: btintel: Read supported offload use cases
      Bluetooth: Allow querying of supported offload codecs over SCO socket
      Bluetooth: btintel: Define callback to fetch data_path_id
      Bluetooth: Allow setting of codec for HFP offload use case
      Bluetooth: Add support for HCI_Enhanced_Setup_Synchronous_Connection command
      Bluetooth: Configure codec for HFP offload use case
      Bluetooth: btintel: Define a callback to fetch codec config data
      Bluetooth: Add support for msbc coding format
      Bluetooth: Add offload feature under experimental flag
      Bluetooth: hci_vhci: Add support for offload codecs over SCO

Larry Finger (1):
      Bbluetooth: btusb: Add another Bluetooth part for Realtek 8852AE

Luiz Augusto von Dentz (17):
      Bluetooth: Fix enabling advertising for central role
      Bluetooth: Fix using address type from events
      Bluetooth: Fix using RPA when address has been resolved
      Bluetooth: Add bt_skb_sendmsg helper
      Bluetooth: Add bt_skb_sendmmsg helper
      Bluetooth: SCO: Replace use of memcpy_from_msg with bt_skb_sendmsg
      Bluetooth: RFCOMM: Replace use of memcpy_from_msg with bt_skb_sendmmsg
      Bluetooth: eir: Move EIR/Adv Data functions to its own file
      Bluetooth: hci_sock: Add support for BT_{SND,RCV}BUF
      Bluetooth: Fix passing NULL to PTR_ERR
      Bluetooth: SCO: Fix sco_send_frame returning skb->len
      Bluetooth: hci_core: Move all debugfs handling to hci_debugfs.c
      Bluetooth: Make use of hci_{suspend,resume}_dev on suspend notifier
      Bluetooth: hci_vhci: Add force_suspend entry
      Bluetooth: hci_vhci: Add force_prevent_wake entry
      Bluetooth: hci_sock: Replace use of memcpy_from_msg with bt_skb_sendmsg
      Bluetooth: Rename driver .prevent_wake to .wakeup

Manish Mandlik (1):
      Bluetooth: Fix Advertisement Monitor Suspend/Resume

Marcel Holtmann (4):
      Bluetooth: Fix handling of experimental feature for quality reports
      Bluetooth: Fix handling of experimental feature for codec offload
      Bluetooth: btrtl: Set VsMsftOpCode based on device table
      Bluetooth: btrtl: Add support for MSFT extension to rtl8821c devices

Max Chou (1):
      Bluetooth: btusb: Add the new support ID for Realtek RTL8852A

Mianhan Liu (1):
      Bluetooth: btrsi: remove superfluous header files from btrsi.c

Miao-chen Chou (1):
      Bluetooth: Keep MSFT ext info throughout a hci_dev's life cycle

Nicholas Flintham (1):
      Bluetooth: btusb: Add support for TP-Link UB500 Adapter

Pavel Skripkin (1):
      Bluetooth: hci_uart: fix GPF in h5_recv

Takashi Iwai (1):
      Bluetooth: sco: Fix lock_sock() blockage by memcpy_from_msg()

Tetsuo Handa (1):
      Bluetooth: reorganize functions from hci_sock_sendmsg()

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo (1):
      Bluetooth: hci_ldisc: require CAP_NET_ADMIN to attach N_HCI ldisc

Wang ShaoBo (1):
      Bluetooth: fix use-after-free error in lock_sock_nested()

Yun-Hao Chung (1):
      Bluetooth: Fix wrong opcode when LL privacy enabled

mark-yw.chen (3):
      Bluetooth: btusb: Support public address configuration for MediaTek Chip.
      Bluetooth: btusb: Add protocol for MediaTek bluetooth devices(MT7922)
      Bluetooth: btusb: Add support for IMC Networks Mediatek Chip(MT7921)

tjiang@codeaurora.org (1):
      Bluetooth: btusb: Add gpio reset way for qca btsoc in cmd_timeout

 drivers/bluetooth/btintel.c       | 239 ++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/bluetooth/btintel.h       |  11 +
 drivers/bluetooth/btmrvl_main.c   |   6 +-
 drivers/bluetooth/btmtkuart.c     |  13 +-
 drivers/bluetooth/btrsi.c         |   1 -
 drivers/bluetooth/btrtl.c         |  26 ++-
 drivers/bluetooth/btusb.c         |  64 ++++-
 drivers/bluetooth/hci_h5.c        |  35 ++-
 drivers/bluetooth/hci_ldisc.c     |   3 +
 drivers/bluetooth/hci_qca.c       |   5 +-
 drivers/bluetooth/hci_vhci.c      | 124 ++++++++++
 include/net/bluetooth/bluetooth.h |  90 +++++++
 include/net/bluetooth/hci.h       | 117 ++++++++++
 include/net/bluetooth/hci_core.h  |  75 +++---
 net/bluetooth/Makefile            |   3 +-
 net/bluetooth/eir.c               | 335 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/bluetooth/eir.h               |  72 ++++++
 net/bluetooth/hci_codec.c         | 238 +++++++++++++++++++
 net/bluetooth/hci_codec.h         |   7 +
 net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c          | 168 ++++++++++++--
 net/bluetooth/hci_core.c          | 320 +++++++++++--------------
 net/bluetooth/hci_debugfs.c       | 123 ++++++++++
 net/bluetooth/hci_debugfs.h       |   5 +
 net/bluetooth/hci_event.c         | 135 +++++++----
 net/bluetooth/hci_request.c       | 478 ++++++--------------------------------
 net/bluetooth/hci_request.h       |  25 +-
 net/bluetooth/hci_sock.c          | 214 ++++++++++-------
 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c        |   2 +-
 net/bluetooth/l2cap_sock.c        |  10 +-
 net/bluetooth/mgmt.c              | 445 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 net/bluetooth/msft.c              | 172 ++++++++++++--
 net/bluetooth/msft.h              |   9 +
 net/bluetooth/rfcomm/core.c       |  50 +++-
 net/bluetooth/rfcomm/sock.c       |  46 +---
 net/bluetooth/sco.c               | 209 +++++++++++++++--
 create mode 100644 net/bluetooth/eir.c
 create mode 100644 net/bluetooth/eir.h
 create mode 100644 net/bluetooth/hci_codec.c
 create mode 100644 net/bluetooth/hci_codec.h

* Re: pull request: bluetooth 2021-10-04
@ 2021-10-05  1:21 ` Jakub Kicinski
From: Jakub Kicinski @ 2021-10-05  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: davem, linux-bluetooth, netdev

On Mon,  4 Oct 2021 15:21:46 -0700 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> bluetooth-next pull request for net-next:
>
>  - Add support for MediaTek MT7922 and MT7921
>  - Add support for TP-Link UB500
>  - Enable support for AOSP extention in Qualcomm WCN399x and Realtek
>    8822C/8852A.
>  - Add initial support for link quality and audio/codec offload.
>  - Rework of sockets sendmsg to avoid locking issues.
>  - Add vhci suspend/resume emulation.

Now it's flipped, it's complaining about Luiz being the committer
but there's only a sign off from Marcel :(

* Re: pull request: bluetooth 2021-10-04
@ 2021-10-05  3:47   ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2021-10-05  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Kicinski
  Cc: David Miller, linux-bluetooth, open list:NETWORKING [GENERAL]

Hi Jakub,

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 6:22 PM Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Mon,  4 Oct 2021 15:21:46 -0700 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> > bluetooth-next pull request for net-next:
> >
> >  - Add support for MediaTek MT7922 and MT7921
> >  - Add support for TP-Link UB500
> >  - Enable support for AOSP extention in Qualcomm WCN399x and Realtek
> >    8822C/8852A.
> >  - Add initial support for link quality and audio/codec offload.
> >  - Rework of sockets sendmsg to avoid locking issues.
> >  - Add vhci suspend/resume emulation.
>
> Now it's flipped, it's complaining about Luiz being the committer
> but there's only a sign off from Marcel :(

I did have both sign-off, or are you saying Ive now become the
committer of other patches as well? Which means whoever rebases the
tree has to sign-off the entire set as well, I guess other trees does
better with this because they don't have multiple committer but once
you have that it is kind hard to maintain this rule of committer must
sign-off, shouldn't we actually just check if there is one sign-off by
one of the maintainers that shall be considered acceptable? Or perhaps
there is some documentation on the matter?

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: pull request: bluetooth 2021-10-04
@ 2021-10-05 14:51     ` Jakub Kicinski
From: Jakub Kicinski @ 2021-10-05 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
  Cc: David Miller, linux-bluetooth, open list:NETWORKING [GENERAL]

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 20:47:35 -0700 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 6:22 PM Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org> wrote:
> > On Mon,  4 Oct 2021 15:21:46 -0700 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> > > bluetooth-next pull request for net-next:
> > >
> > >  - Add support for MediaTek MT7922 and MT7921
> > >  - Add support for TP-Link UB500
> > >  - Enable support for AOSP extention in Qualcomm WCN399x and Realtek
> > >    8822C/8852A.
> > >  - Add initial support for link quality and audio/codec offload.
> > >  - Rework of sockets sendmsg to avoid locking issues.
> > >  - Add vhci suspend/resume emulation.
> >
> > Now it's flipped, it's complaining about Luiz being the committer
> > but there's only a sign off from Marcel :(
>
> I did have both sign-off, or are you saying Ive now become the
> committer of other patches as well? Which means whoever rebases the
> tree has to sign-off the entire set as well, I guess other trees does
> better with this because they don't have multiple committer but once
> you have that it is kind hard to maintain this rule of committer must
> sign-off, shouldn't we actually just check if there is one sign-off by
> one of the maintainers that shall be considered acceptable?

I think most trees don't do rebases. The issue does indeed seem to be
that whoever does a rebase becomes the committer, so you need to make
sure that whenever you rebase you add your sign-off to the commits
initially done by other maintainers (in the range of commits that are
being modified).

> Or perhaps there is some documentation on the matter?

I don't think there's any docs.

Since this looks very painful to fix at this point I'll pull as is
from the initial PR from Oct 1st (since it had fewer warnings).

About the content of the PR there is a whole bunch of things here
(fixes, simple device ID additions) which really look like they should
have been targeting net, not net-next.

Okay, enough complaining ;)

Pulled v1, thanks!