From: Jun He <jhe@cs.wisc.edu>
To: Sitsofe Wheeler <sitsofe@gmail.com>
Cc: "fio@vger.kernel.org" <fio@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: io_size usage
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:14:56 -0600	[thread overview]

Thanks for the mentioning the 'loops' option.

But still, it is weird that by changing ioengine, iolog will report differently.
I think either sync mistakenly performs only one loop, or the IO is done
correctly but iolog report is wrong.

I think the expected behavior is that iolog is the same for both sync and
libaio. And both of them should follow the HOW:

"if 'size' is set to 21G, and 'io_size' is set to 40G, then fio will do 40G of
IO within the 0..20G region."

Jun