From: Roberto Spadim <roberto@spadim.com.br>
To: Shaohua Li <shli@kernel.org>
Cc: linux-raid@vger.kernel.org, neilb@suse.de, axboe@kernel.dk
Subject: Re: [patch 2/3 v3] raid1: read balance chooses idlest disk for SSD
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 01:36:53 -0300	[thread overview]

sorry about many posts, i will stop a bit now...

could we turn off disk NCQ? ok nobody want to read this, but could we
turn off NCQ and get better performace? since we do a good elevator at
linux code... maybe turn off disk cache too... (it´s only 32MB for
sata/sas, and can be alot to raid controller...), just some ideas to
get better performace... (i didn´t think before write if cache help or
not when we send I/O to disk, but check if it´s a good question or
not)