On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:54 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote: > On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:43:31PM +0300, Andrey Korolyov wrote: >> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Andrey Korolyov wrote: >> > For now, it looks like bug have a mixed Murphy-Heisenberg nature, as >> > it appearance is very rare (compared to the number of actual launches) >> > and most probably bounded to the physical characteristics of my >> > production nodes. As soon as I reach any reproducible path for a >> > regular workstation environment, I`ll let everyone know. Also I am >> > starting to think that issue can belong to the particular motherboard >> > firmware revision, despite fact that the CPU microcode is the same >> > everywhere. >> >> >> Hello everyone, I`ve managed to reproduce this issue >> *deterministically* with latest seabios with smp fix and 3.18.3. The >> error occuring just *once* per vm until hypervisor reboots, at least >> in my setup, this is definitely crazy... >> >> - launch two VMs (Centos 7 in my case), >> - wait a little while they are booting, >> - attach serial console (I am using virsh list for this exact purpose), >> - issue acpi reboot or reset, does not matter, >> - VM always hangs at boot, most times with sgabios initialization >> string printed out [1], but sometimes it hangs a bit later [2], >> - no matter how many times I try to relaunch the QEMU afterwards, the >> issue does not appear on VM which experienced problem once; >> - trace and sample args can be seen in [3] and [4] respectively. > > Can you add something like: > > -chardev file,path=seabioslog.`date +%s`,id=seabios -device isa-debugcon,iobase=0x402,chardev=seabios > > to the qemu command line and forward the resulting log from both a > succesful boot and a failed one? > > -Kevin Of course, logs are attached.